1420 N.W. Lovejoy Street
In 1910, the Marshall Wells Hardware Company built the first four stories of warehouse #2 at 14th and Lovejoy and completed the next 3 stories in 1920. In 1978, the building was purchased from Coast-to-Coast Stores and occupied by the Layton Creations Company, pillow manufacturers. In 1999, Robert Ball purchased it and re-construction began in 2001. The Marshall Wells Lofts has the distinction of being named to the National Register of Historic Places. Famed architect, Daniel Burnham – an influence on the design of the modern skyscraper and also responsible for many urban planning elements in Chicago – designed the building.
The 164 units feature cork or hardwood floors, high ceilings, large windows, exposed timber beams, stainless steel appliances, and open living spaces. The building offers secure indoor parking, storage lockers, bike storage and historic tax freeze. There is a dramatic, open-sky atrium at the center of the building that is accessible to all residents. It features a large water feature, landscaping and benches for reading or relaxing.
Developer : Robert Ball
Architect : Ankrom Moisan
Builder: Howard S. Wright
The content relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the IDX program of the RMLS(TM). Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than 45 North Realty are marked with the RMLS(TM) logo, and detailed information about these properties includes the names of the listing brokers. Listing data is copyright © 2023 RMLS(TM).
This data last updated on 03/21/2023 3:59 AM. Some properties which appear for sale on this web site may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.